June 11 was the "Thanks a Bunch Brunch" at the Fairmont Hotel. This was my favorite of the graduation events, because as someone said, it was the "heart" of graduation weekend. Dental Graduates were able to thank their loved ones for the support they offered them during dental school and present them with a "Ph.T" Certificate--"Putting him/her Through." A little cheesy, yes, but I loved hearing people's stories and realizing just how much a lot of the students and their families sacrificed to be here for dental school: a mom who went to school full-time during the week and flew home to be with her husband and kids every weekend, parents who listened to phone calls every day and "pretended to care about dental stuff," students who had lost loved ones during school, one who dedicated her PhT to her younger siblings, and one who dedicated his certificate to his parents and said, "I can't wait to be roomies again mom and dad!"(to which his dad pretended to hang himself). I learned more about Lance's classmates in the brunch than in three years combined, and I could tell they were great people.
The Fairmont, each hotel venue fancier than the last (pictures from luxuryweb.com)


1 comment:
I love your degree! Super cute!
Post a Comment