Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful #3

Thankful: Day 3.  I was looking through our pictures the other day, and I realized how thankful I am for the places we've been! We've loved each place we've lived so far, and in each we have been through unique life lessons and experiences, all of which I felt like were particular to our needs at that time and prepared us for the next step.  All of these places are very dear to me because of the wonderful memories that were made there.  I am especially thankful for the friends and family who have supported us and visited us. We are ENJOYING this adventure and we couldn't have done it without so much help!

Most of all I am thankful for Lance.  I know he might be embarrassed to have a whole post about him, and he knows how much I love him so I won't say too much here, but there is no one that could make my life happier than this wonderful guy.

So here is my little trip down memory lane: a sampling of the last six years in no particular order (aka I really miss Lance and think I'm feeling really sentimental while he's gone on interviews. I got a little carried away obviously!)

The BYU years:
Learned to be a wife, learned to be frugal, learned to trust in the Lord, learned what it takes to be a mom, learned that a closed door can mean a better one opens.

Our awesome car that had to be turned off at stop lights or it would overheat




Provo Apartment: The summer of the DAT

 "Christmas Tree" and adorable little Evie

The San Francisco Years
Learned to be independent, learned to be happy in the face of opposition, learned to be more outgoing, really learned the value of friendship, learned patience, learned what a great mom is ( from excellent examples of friends that lived there), learned to appreciate family, learned to be a mother of two, learned to be a mother of three, learned how to share the gospel,  learned to parallel park (really parallel park), learned to treasure time with Lance, learned to love the place I live, learned to enjoy these years with my children. 


All the furniture we owned before moving to San Francisco minus the crib. Kind of nice I think. :) And our first San Fran Apartment:






 Hearst Castle
Yosemite
How to buy a rug from Costco...with a sedan

Kite flying on Crissy Field
hours and hours...
Miss you all so much!

Crabbing at Dillon Beach








 early morning from our window...I miss it sooo much!

 Schmutz's came to visit!
Love it. Miss living under that fog.

 Christmas time

 Evie and friends



NBDE Part I: PASS!!! Huge relief.


Wicked.

My three sweet kids :)



  And already starting a new adventure.  I can't wait to see what we will learn from living here.




2 comments:

Joanna said...

I LOVED this post, Melissa. So many of the things you wrote I can internally claim as "me too!" I love how much you see in every situation. Let us know how interviews are going! We'll keep you in our prayers!

Kari-Lynn said...

i was going to write the same thing as joanna...seriously. life is full of adventure...i'm so thankful for good friends along the way...like you. miss you guys.