Addi has always had a fair amount of sass and spunk, but ever since Evelyn started preschool and plays outside with friends a lot, it seems Addi's personality has taken on a new form. She's the new "big sister" of the house while Ev is gone, and wants to make sure everyone (aka Blake) knows that she's in charge.
Recent phrases include:
"I don't want that one! I want that one instead!"
"I love pink and purple! I don't love yellow!"
"I didn't want THAT cup!"
"I need one more story!"
"Wait for me!"
Of course we teach her to be nice instead of demanding, but it has been so funny watching this little lady who normally follows a big sister around all day, decide adamantly that THIS is what SHE wants. The opinions are all coming out now. Luckily Blake is pretty easygoing about the whole thing, but of course things get interesting when Evie comes home and we have two little girls trying to be "in charge."
There are definitely some major positives to this as well: she has decided she is my little helper, she talks so much more and is more confident in telling me all her stories and ideas, and she is loving all the "Mom attention" she gets as the oldest in the house. She is our house comedian, she is always laughing and telling us things that are supposed to be so funny. I've also noticed that even though she loves to boss Blake around, she and Blake are becoming better friends! Finally Blake likes her instead of fearing her (this is a major step for us), and brings her blankets to share and we occasionally hear, "Blake! You are such a nice boy!"
And yes...this is still the favorite game around here. Only now they push each other off the edge.




1 comment:
So cute, Melissa. She is getting so big and beautiful!
Post a Comment