Lance was on call a couple saturdays ago, and since we couldn't go too far away, we decided to head down to the Hawkeye Game. We live about a mile away from the stadium, and game days are quite the experience around here. They close off part of the street, there are food vendors and Iowa gear vendors everywhere, and tons of Hawkeye fans all in black and yellow--I think this is one of the most intense fan bases I've seen (yes, more than BYU). Iowans love their Hawkeyes.
A day or so before the game, the RV's and motorhomes start lining the streets up to miles away. This is right by our house.
They have some really intense set-ups and a lot of the fans don't even go to the game...they just camp out here to be close to the game. You can see the satellite dishes, barbeques, flags...and this one even has a bean bag toss. :)
There is a law in Iowa City prohibiting the consumption of alcohol before 5 am on game days...5 am!!!
It's very common around town to see "Hawkeye cars" as the girls call them. Evelyn even told us about her good idea that we needed to paint a yellow Hawkeye on our car. I wonder where she got an idea like that.
Kinnick Stadium. This is during the middle of a game so people were pretty sparse outside.
On call. I told him someday he will want to remember this. maybe.
Yes, people absolutely wear Game Bibs
The stadium is on the left and the Hospital is on the right. This is why if Lance gets stuck at the hospital during a game...he is really stuck at the hospital.
The road after the game is amazing. It is completely closed down and everyone is in Black and Yellow (except us...oops yeah, we got some looks.) Wow, Iowa really has some of the most loyal fans around. We're so glad to be a part of it this year and maybe longer.


















1 comment:
I love this post! It is a lot like Tallahassee on game days, but I just can't get over those bib overalls. They are awesome!
Post a Comment