...Or should I call it "Halloween Overload?" This year it pretty much felt like Halloween was a week-long event with all the activities we had. There was a ward trunk-or-treat and party, treat-making, preschool party, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, decorating, Halloween movies, costume making, and trick-or-treating all crammed into one week (I'm trying hard to imagine what it will be like next year with Evie in school!). I can't do justice to how fun all these activities were, but the kids loved every minute of it. I did too, because Lance was home all weekend! Yeah!
Evelyn, Addi, and Evelyn's best friend Jane.
So, this is our bishop. When he first came in to the Cultural Hall, he crawled in on all fours and Addi was right by the door faced away from him. He crawled up behind her and when she turned around, she flipped out and started backing away from him as fast as possible. This picture basically shows how my kids felt about his costume. Ev was a little nervous, but Addi was frozen with fear and could not move. It reminded us a lot of the Leprechaun of 2009 only not quite as dramatic.
The kids' donut eating contest
Later we went to pick our pumpkins...finally...two days before Halloween. Lucky for us they were FREE because they were trying to get rid of them all before Halloween! I love Iowa!
Corn shooter
On our way home. I think we have some of the most beautiful sunsets here!
Ev's idea for a pumpkin. Lance made it happen.
Butterfly, "Pretty witch"...
...and skeleton
We went trick-or-treating with a bunch of our friends who have kids Evelyn's age. Evelyn and Jane held hands the whole time, it was so cute!
Every time I took a picture of Blake with the flash he acted like he was suffering, so this is about the best we have of him trick-or-treating this year.
The loot. And yes, those are homemade unwrapped popcorn balls. And yes, our kids ate them. Iowa.
In typical Evelyn fashion, among all the candy, she chose to eat pretzels first.
Blake and Addi however, had absolutely no problem eating and unwrapping everything until they could until bedtime.
Happy Halloween!


































2 comments:
How nice to have Lance home all weekend! I love the picture of Evelyn in all the kernels of corn. What a funny girl. Cute costumes and even cuter kids!
This night was Jane's dream come true. Candy and Evelyn! It just doesn't get much better.
Post a Comment