Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blake's First Birthday

This Friday, Blake turned one.  I don't know how much he understood, but he wasn't oblivious to the fact that something fun was going on with two sisters chanting, "Blakey's Birthday, Blakey's Birthday, Blakey's Birthday!"  and jumping up and down around him all day long.  They were restlessly waiting for him to wake up from his nap so he could blow out his candle.

He played with Evelyn, which is one of his favorite things.  He thinks Ev is so great and everything she does is soooo funny.  This time it was Evelyn hitting him with wipes.  Why that's funny, I'm not sure, but he was really enjoying it.



 Lance had to restrain him from devouring the cupcake, candle and all.

 He blew it out!  
 Immediately after Lance let go he shoved the whole thing in his mouth.  Uh, suprise, we have never had a kid do that before.  But then again...we have never had a boy before either. He ate three in a row and obviously loved every minute of it.




 How the girls eat cupcakes: frosting only
 The loot: Hot Wheels from us, a plastic snake and lizard specifically chosen by Addi and Evelyn, some Carhartt overalls from Washington Grandma (Lance was holding them against his face saying, "Carhartts, oh...I wish I had some, Blake is so lucky"), and this car track from Utah Grandma.  Guess where he (and the girls) spend HOURS a day playing now. Thank you so much to his wonderful Grandmas!


 We love this kid so. much. Happy Birthday Blakey!


3 comments:

Taylor Times said...

so so cute! I wish we could have been there. I would like one of those cupcakes myself!

Joe and Sarah said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Blakey! Those cupcakes looked amazing. Neither of our kids have eaten their birthday cupcakes. I'm very impressed. By the way, Joe wants to see the carharts.

Starlie and Nate said...

Happy Birthday! he is quite the good looking little boy