Cabela's trip...can't get enough of the fish and turtles
Evelyn and I have been adjusting to our new lives with school schedules. Evelyn's school starts at 7:33 am, and we leave at 7am to catch the bus...meaning 6:30 am wake up times. After a month, I think we finally have the routine down to a science.
Blake remains in the 10-15th percentile for weight, despite his enormous appetite and unaccompanied fridge and pantry binges. This kid eats ALL DAY and I don't know where it goes! Is this normal? I've been telling Lance about it how crazy/amazing it is how much he can pack in his stomach, so I was glad one day he could witness it firsthand. After Blake had already eaten breakfast, lunch, two snacks, a pbj, and a popsicle, he walked into the living room with a frozen chicken breast and said, "Cook it, Mom? Can you cook it?" We need to start a savings account for the grocery bills when he is a teenager.
Evelyn received the Extreme Recess Award for her class! She gets to eat lunch with the principal, and play Wii games with the principal during recess. The e-mail from her teacher said, "This goes to a student who shows great character outside of class, i.e. playground, hallways, special classes etc." We couldn't be more happy for Evelyn, and she is very excited for the Wii games tomorrow!
Meanwhile, for the past month Lance has been rotating on Medicine. He really loves all he's learning (but he definitely misses Oral Surgery). Some of the pros of medicine are: a more predictable schedule, no call, and a night shift week where he is home a lot more during the daytime. Cons: No weekends off, just five random days per month...this means a lot of husbandless church days for me. And oh dear, our Iowa friends all know how good I am at getting to church on time alone with three little kids...and now our church starts at 8am. Yep.
And last but not least, this is possibly the best muffin recipe of all time. Raspberries went on sale just in time to try this recipe and it did not disappoint. I ate four muffins. Four out of twelve. They are that good.
http://www.thesisterscafe.com/2012/03/raspberry-lemon-muffins-good



1 comment:
That is a SUPER early start time for school! And church! And I feel ya on the horrid Sundays; I only have 2 kids, but my husband works Sundays and I HATE it.
Post a Comment