Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blake Turns Two


When I was pregnant with Blake I had been 100% confident that I was having another little girl, so when I got the news that we were having a little boy, I was in complete shock.  I started crying and felt scared and unsure of how I could possibly raise a boy, and I had no idea what to do. It wasn't until 20 weeks later that I met this little boy and had the biggest change of heart imaginable.  There is just something special about being a mom to a little boy. And I think this boy in particular is pretty awesome.
One month old:
 One year old:

 Two years old:
 We've loved every second with this kid and he is such a good sport to always go along with his sisters' crazy antics.  He has also introduced us to the world of boy stuff: trucks, cars, lizards, monsters, and EATING.

 Blake:
*Is a definite Mama's boy.  He is always around me even while I work on a project or cook dinner. My favorite thing is when he offers to "help you mom." 
*He LOVES water and prefers it to anything else. He especially loves that we have a water spout on the front of our fridge now...which means he can get his own drinks. And it also means we have water on the floor all the time. :)
*His favorite thing to do is play trucks (obviously) or play "doggies" with the girls
*Maybe this is just because it's my third kid, but I never remember kids throwing fits being so funny.  He gives us all a good glare, pretends to spit on the ground, or walk across the room and shut a cupboard really hard...that'll show us.
*Favorite foods are waffles and pizza
*Is just getting to the stage of "I do it"
*Says "Mom" after pretty much everything.  "Let's go, Mom" "Look, Mom" "Cool, Mom!"
We had just moved into our house five days before his birthday, so the celebration was very simple, and we didn't have any presents for him until the day before when, lucky him, we found a pack of two cars at Costco.
but I have a feeling it will be boring to all but his grandmas. :)



 Happy Birthday to one adorable two-year-old! We love you, kid!

No comments: