It all started when I took the kids for their shots. Evelyn needed her kindergarten shots, and Blake was about three sets behind due to moving, changing doctors, etc. So I took them in, everything went well, and the nurse said before we left, "So...with that Chicken Pox vaccine Evelyn got, it is a mild form of the live virus, so technically she could be contagious for 24 hours, but only if she like, shares food or a cup with someone. However, it's not very likely and it's VERY rare that even the person who gets the shot ever breaks out with any spots. If they get it, it will be really mild."
Well, they must have shared cups. And he must be a rare kid. And days later that's how he got Chicken Pox that lasted only three days. Sounds questionable right? Yeah I know, I don't know how it happened, but it was the real deal.
The initial break-out of the spots was the worst, he was crying and itching, and not able to sleep for a day.
Then I took these pictures on day 3: the spots are already faded, and plenty of dry skin from itching, but he is a happy kid.
leg
stomach
I thought I should document since, I might never have a kid get Chicken Pox again thanks to the vaccine! Thank goodness it was just a mild form--no blistering or anything! The spots showed up, were itchy for a day, and almost disappeared within two more days. I am so grateful we don't have to deal with the intense form of Chicken Pox anymore!




1 comment:
Yep, that's not how I remember pox when I was a kid. Lucky blake, they were mild! Either way still no fun!
Post a Comment