Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let it snow

After all these nice temperatures in the 40s and 50s we were starting to think everyone was exaggerating the winters here, but I guess this is finally the real beginning of our Iowa winter! It snowed today for the first time since early December and the kids were thrilled. Unfortunately this time it is quite a bit colder (I just looked up the temperature: 14 degrees, with a wind chill of -4...brrr!), so they are content to watch from the inside today.  Evelyn ran around the sidewalk once and came in shivering and saying she got snow up her nose.  





 ...but still, there is nothing like watching snow fall.  inside.  with hot chocolate.

2 comments:

Joe and Sarah said...

Haha. Good excuse, Ev - snow up your nose. I've gotta use that one.

Kari-Lynn said...

cute idea. were starting to get in the teens too. we might have to make our own snowflakes. btw, we still would LOVe to come up for a visit...probably when it gets warmer but please let us know if you will be sticking around for a couple more years or heading somewhere else?