My family made the 18 hour trek to Iowa last week to visit us--and it was their first Midwest experience. It was so much fun, but the only unfortunate thing was that they ended up coming during a freezing cold week, sandwiched by two beautiful warm ones. On Sunday afternoon we went over to Devonian Fossil Gorge and the spillway. Last time we came, there were tiny frogs all over the place, but this time we had some amazing fall leaves!
vultures:
The girls looking for frogs:
Addi's new "head-tilt" smile
There were some deer that got really close to us...
Matthew, the deer whisperer, tried to get close to them.
I haven't been around high schoolers for a long time--I almost forgot how weird they are, but I was reminded quickly by my sisters:
"emo"
just kidding, they might be weird, but I was sooo happy to see them!
the girls warmed up to everyone immediately and Evelyn had been counting down until she could see Brynna again
skipping rocks
This was the day Blake learned to say, "yucky" after he put so many rocks in his mouth, and I kept taking them out. Now he just smiles and says, "yucky" right before he puts something gross in his mouth.
We are so grateful to be living in such a beautiful place.

















No comments:
Post a Comment