Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bloomsbury Farm

We went to Bloomsbury Farm last week.  It was fun driving out through the cornfields and on dirt roads to get there.  It made me feel like we were "really" in the country.  

 Addi loves horses, so when she saw this donkey she immediately labeled it a little horse or "wittle cutie horsey" and refused to feed any of the other animals. 
 Animals could climb up these platforms and be fed via conveyor belt.


 Brynna fell in love with this very weird looking llama.  Good thing someone fed it because the rest of us were a little creeped out.


 Addi was too scared to feed the ducks out of her hand, so she threw food at them from afar.  She is adorable, I think this trip was hard for her because she was "too cold" and "too scared" of a lot of things.  
 She and I also rode one of these cars together, which she loved. But when you would get going really fast, the wind would start making it really cold--which she did not like. So, whenever I went fast, she would say, "It's gonna be fun, huh mom? It's gonna be fun." trying to convince herself that it would be fun again when we slowed down. 

 Evelyn is such a sweetheart, and Blake is so chill, I love it
 Corn sandbox
 I thought Blake would get really into it, but it was a little bit overwhelming I think.  He just laid there looking around at the corn for a while.

 Addi's hands started getting too cold when we went into the corn maze so I stayed back with her and we made her hands warm.  Then we practiced putting a smile on our face, so we could go join up with everyone else. She loves to see pictures on the camera, so she would try and show me a smile and then she would see what it looked like.
 in this picture she tried to smile but upon seeing the picture she decided, nope that's not a smile yet
 we tried a couple more times and finally when she looked at this picture she said, "Look, I feel better!" Ha, I love two year old logic.
 Catching up...

 Ev showed me all the cut corn stalks she had found in the maze so far while I'd been talking to Addi
 Ev really honestly loves corn.  I did not ask her to pose like this or anything--she said, "Oh, I just love corn!" and started picking them up off the ground.
 Addi, is okay with corn too. :)

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I miss your family!