You have to hide a hairbrush to use for yourself because "Rapunzel" (Addi) will snatch it, brush her hair with it, and promptly lose it...usually at the bottom of a toy bin or in a random kitchen cupboard.
You have THREE strollers...and you use all of them.
You are never on time to anything
When your husband gets home you tell him, "So...I cleaned all morning long. The house looked great for about an hour, wish you could have seen it!"
You buy Halloween candy, bring it home, hide it...and it's discovered within a day, eaten within a
week.
When shopping for kids clothes you have ever heard yourself wondering, "Why don't they make some of these cute outfits in adult sizes?!"
You hear the word "Mom" over one hundred times a day
You will never enter the bathroom alone again
Your shoes are "organized" each day by Evelyn, which really that means she took them out to try them on, and they're in a big pile in the middle of the closet.
You find a large smear of banana on the wall, and after confronting your kids, you're told,"Um...I think Nobody did that?"
Three quarters of your movies are kids' movies. Some even have titles you thought you would never see in your house like, "Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses"
You're out somewhere, you take a child potty, and your realize they are wearing pants but no underwear! Ah!
You know at least ten childrens books by heart, and you love the book, but you secretly hope they do not choose that one to read AGAIN.
You have a permanent pile of laundry on your bedroom floor. No matter how many loads of laundry you put away, the pile will always be waiting for you. I know some people refer to this pile as Mt. Washmore.
You blast music or talk really loud on the way home from doing errands to keep your kids from sleeping in the car. Failure to do so will result in five-minute car naps instead of two-hour long naps at home.
Messes, especially those of a bodily nature, don't phase you anymore. Addi didn't make it to the potty? Seen it. A whole bag of cereal got spilled? Been there. Blake threw up in the foyer at church? No big deal.
What are some of your "Mom Moments"?
You buy Halloween candy, bring it home, hide it...and it's discovered within a day, eaten within a
week.
When shopping for kids clothes you have ever heard yourself wondering, "Why don't they make some of these cute outfits in adult sizes?!"
You hear the word "Mom" over one hundred times a day
You will never enter the bathroom alone again
Your shoes are "organized" each day by Evelyn, which really that means she took them out to try them on, and they're in a big pile in the middle of the closet.
You find a large smear of banana on the wall, and after confronting your kids, you're told,"Um...I think Nobody did that?"
Three quarters of your movies are kids' movies. Some even have titles you thought you would never see in your house like, "Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses"
You're out somewhere, you take a child potty, and your realize they are wearing pants but no underwear! Ah!
You know at least ten childrens books by heart, and you love the book, but you secretly hope they do not choose that one to read AGAIN.
You have a permanent pile of laundry on your bedroom floor. No matter how many loads of laundry you put away, the pile will always be waiting for you. I know some people refer to this pile as Mt. Washmore.
You blast music or talk really loud on the way home from doing errands to keep your kids from sleeping in the car. Failure to do so will result in five-minute car naps instead of two-hour long naps at home.
Messes, especially those of a bodily nature, don't phase you anymore. Addi didn't make it to the potty? Seen it. A whole bag of cereal got spilled? Been there. Blake threw up in the foyer at church? No big deal.
What are some of your "Mom Moments"?
6 comments:
Oh my goodness you just described my life (except for the potty training ones. Glad to see i'm not alone! You're such a good mom, melissa!
lol. I really think that you've been spying on me. I can never find my brushes and when I do they have doll hair in them. I swear the house looks good for 12 hours at a time, while we are sleeping and I HATE that basket of laundry!
This was a super cute blog! You have such a beautiful family! I loved all the pictures on your other posts! Looks like you guys are enjoying life!
Yes! I love this post. I feel like I can relate in so many ways! (We also have Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses...)
I found your blog Melissa! How are you guys? Your mommy list is so true and your Chicago pictures are beautiful! I hope you're doing well!
Ha! I totally relate to ALL of them! Don't worry soon you'll be able to add "you are going on your usual walk down the street with your kids when you turn around to find your little boy peeing right into the street with cars passing!" Because of his not caring where we are, I now have pushed the fact that if there are people around, he needs to find a toilet!
Post a Comment