Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Iowa!

I have a lot to catch up on: Addi's Birthday, Graduation, Utah, Moving, etc.  Things are a little crazy right now, but we're here in Iowa, and it's awesome! So for now here are some of our pictures from our first few days here.  We went to Devonian Fossil Gorge where you can go down into this Gorge and walk around, touch, and see tons of fossils--it was very cool.  Of course for our kids, the coolest things were the frogs, which were the smallest I had ever seen.  Addi thought they were "so cute little baby ones."

















 The drive across the dam

 complete with vultures


 Where Lance works

 Kinnick Stadium, with the Hawkeye symbol.  I've seen this symbol several times a day on shirts, cars, flags, houses, posters, storefronts.  Just my guess, but I think football and the Hawkeyes are a big deal here.
When Lance came for his interview here they had him stay in this hotel with this Hawkeye Statue of Liberty.  Obsessed?  Slightly.
 The school campus.  Iowa is such a beautiful place. 

3 comments:

bepluvstrack said...

Looks pretty awesome! Glad to hear you made it in one piece. I'd like to hear some more about, have Lance shoot me an email or something!

Joe and Sarah said...

Oh it's so nice to see how you're doing. It looks like such a pretty area! Eric really liked looking at the pictures of the kids. I think he finally understands that when we leave this house, it's not to run home to 1535 anymore. Haha. I hope there are some good hikes and fun things to do there! Miss you guys! - Sarah

Annie said...

glad you guys landed! We're so sad we didn't get an official goodbye. We're going to miss you guys. Have a fabulous time in Iowa!!!!!