At least three times a week for three years, I have taken this walking/jogging route, but obviously I have never thought to take pictures of the actual trail. Now that it's time to go, I definitely want to remember the times I have gone on this route: jogging, morning walks with the kids, night clinic walks, walks with Lance, bike rides, etc. I have loved living in the Presidio so much, if even just for the fact that we have these trails in our backyard...literally.
The dune. This area was a flat area of dirt when we moved in, and days later they covered it with tons of sand, put up a fence and called it a natural dune.
The gate: This gate has been broken off no less than once a week since we lived here, and that is not an understatement. This road is sort of a shortcut to downtown, but only the buses are allowed to use it. Someone keeps busting through it with their car and breaking it completely off. Finding the person who does it would be too hard...so they just put up a new gate every week.
Our shortcut trail so we don't have to walk on the road--it's becoming a real trail.
The park
The Wine Bunker
The "sitting tree"
The golf course
...complete with tractors
The "big stick"
The creepy broken down hospital, formerly with "DEATH" graffitied over the front, now turned posh apartment complex
The windy section of trail complete with ocean view
Back past the dune and home! Isn't this such a beautiful place?! What are the odds of Iowa having trails like this I wonder...
1 comment:
In Iowa you may have to watch your feet for cow presents.
Post a Comment