Monday, August 12, 2013

Blake's 3rd Birthday

Year 0
 1st Year

2nd

...and 3rd!


 I can't believe my baby boy is three! This kid brings so much fun and excitement to our life! Lance isn't able to be home today until late, so we celebrated on Saturday by seeing "Planes," eating cake, and opening presents. He could not have been more excited and wanted to to help and watch with every step of the cake-making. When I put it in the oven he asked if I could turn the light on so he could watch it "cook." He was even more excited when I put the cake on the stand and yelled, "Mom! You made me a big donut cake!!!" I wasn't exactly going for a donut cake, but hey, I will take any credit I can get!



 I remember feeling so scared to have a boy after two girls, but it turned out I had nothing to fear. Blake has the sweetest personality and is constantly offering his help to Lance, me and the girls whenever we're working on something. His favorite places to go are the Splash Pad, Costco (to get Mini Wheats), Camping, and Church ("I ate a TON of snacks today in class!!!" Sorry nursery, we really do feed this kid). 
He has wanted a baby brother so bad, but for the last two weeks has changed his mind to want a baby sister...I'm guessing because he has two sisters that ADORE him (or he doesn't want to share his trains). He is the biggest tease, but will also go along with all their crazy games and convince them to add some boyish element to whatever they're playing. Every Sunday he takes a nap laying on the bench with his head on Evie's lap and she loves feeling like she is his little second mom. Blake and Addi have become really great friends lately too, and I love that they play nicely most of the time...they also love to tattle on each other...something that I'm hoping they will grow out of verrry soon!

Blake saying "PUNCH!" to Evelyn

Evelyn pointing at Blake and modeling the fact that he is three. Blake saying, "Cut your hair, cut your hair..." to Addi. Probably something to do with last weeks hair-cutting incident.

While singing "Happy Birthday"



 After cake he opened up his big present which was a bunch of train tracks that used to be my brother's when he was that age (he is 14 now, and doesn't usually play with them anymore ;)). Now he has enough to make some HUGE tracks, and could not be more excited about all the mountains, trees, bridges, tunnels, stations, etc.  Happy Birthday Blake! We love you!


No comments: