Saturday, August 9, 2014

Washington Visit


The kids and I traveled to Washington for one last hurrah before school started again (seriously - this Summer was so fast, I don't even know how we're already back in school). It's always amazing for us to see family after living away from everyone for so long, and of course Washington has all sorts of fun things for the kids that we don't have in Arizona like the ocean (or as Addi called it - the "lake"), cool bugs, rain, trees, boats, fires, and of course their favorite - cousins!


This was my second flight alone with four kids, and I always go into stress mode for an entire 24 hours beforehand. Especially since Evelyn has to sit by other people across the aisle from us while I sit with the smaller kids. Luckily this time, the lady who sat by Evelyn was VERY nice. She was also an intense Candy Crush addict and decided to teach Evelyn how to play for half the flight, but hey, she was nice. I'll totally take it!

Rollie pollie hunting + fire building





 Addi is the baby whisperer - babies love her. But instead of "whispering" she talks to them in an extremely high voice, and they always LOVE it. Roxanne was a huge fan.














 Wendy was wearing some really adorable cowgirl boots, and as soon as we walked toward the water, we could tell she wanted to walk by it. Grandpa said, "Wendy, make sure not to get your shoes wet." So she totally listened. And took them off. And then went completely into the water. Easy - she didn't get her shoes wet at all! I love four-year-old logic.






 Grandpa then took the kids out for ice cream, and we managed to get a picture of everyone (plus some extras) thanks to the Dickson family who happened to be there too! 



More pictures coming soon...









No comments: