Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mount Timpanogos Hike

While we were in Utah, we also had the opportunity to hike Timpanogos. It was one of the most beautiful hikes I've been on  - I can't believe I've lived so close to this hike my whole life and had never been on it! The hike is 7.5 miles each way, but due to the amount of snow at the top, we were only able to go up 5 miles before turning around (we knew it was time to turn around when the guys with ice picks ahead of us had to stop!)

We started early and saw the sunrise...so beautiful










Emily was thrilled to leave her bed at 4 am to hike 10 miles ;)
One of many glacier crossings. We took the shortcut on the way down and slid down them!
The guys ahead of us sliding down one of the glaciers - it was huge!






Lance before he slid down the glacier







Matthew sliding down the glacier. This hike seriously had some of the most beautiful views I've ever seen! I'm so glad we had the chance to go experience it!





No comments: