Friday, May 24, 2013

Mother's Day

For some reason this was the only picture I took on Mother's Day, which is a picture of the breakfast Lance and the kids made for me. However, it was definitely a day I want to remember, and it was so fun to have the kids anticipating Mother's Day all week long and trying to make "secret plans." 

My breakfast: Yogurt, berries and granola. Lots of notes and pictures, flowers from the backyard shaped into a heart, and a special rock "getting clean" in a cup of water. I loved it. Probably the best part was that Lance helped keep them busy with all of this long enough to let me sleep in!

The primary kids sang up on the stand during Sacrament Meeting. It was the first time Addi has ever sung in Church and she was A-dorable. She ran all the way up the aisle and when she finally got settled into place she was absolutely beaming at me the whole time and making sure I could see her face. Afterward, she ran down the aisle and gave me this huge smile like she had just given me the best gift in the world by singing to me. It was so cute. All day she kept saying, "I sang in the Mom and Dad Church!!! Did you see me?!"

The rest of the day, I didn't lift a finger thanks to Lance and he even made dinner and a cheesecake (my favorite). I couldn't have asked for a better day or family to share it with!

No comments: