Monday, May 13, 2013

Desert Botanical Gardens

 Ever since we moved to Arizona, I have had the Botanical Gardens on my list of places to visit while we live here, but haven't been able to justify $15 per person! So when I found out there was a free day, I planned on going no matter what. Well...it just so happened that Blake and I were extremely sick the days right before the free day, and neither of us were really feeling that great, but we just went anyway! I'm so glad we did. I didn't even realize how much cabin fever I had from being inside for three whole days until we were walking around, and I know Blake enjoyed it too...despite the vacant expression in all the pictures. We went in the evening to avoid any crowds and to walk around in a lovely 88 degrees instead of 96 degrees it had been earlier.
 Evelyn and Addi are really becoming good friends lately. They chat a lot about everything you could imagine. I hope they stay such good friends as they get older.


Indigenous Native American hut, or "Hey, a haystack!" as Addi called it.






 Can you tell his shorts are from last summer? Time to get this poor guy some new shorts!







At the end of our visit the kids played in this fountain for at least a half hour. It was so nice to just sit outside in the warm breeze and enjoy it for a little while. I kept having to convince Addi that they couldn't take any money out of the fountain because they were people's "wishes." Even though we saw tons of pretty things that day, I'm pretty sure this was their favorite part.


No comments: