Monday, May 6, 2013

Kid Quotes

Over the past few weeks I've been writing down some of the things the kids have said so I can remember them...

Addi: "Mom...do penguins live on the snowy coast?"
Me: "Um...yep I'm pretty sure they do."
Addi: "Ok thanks."

Ev, in her prayer: "Please bless that Mom can get cuter..." (afterwards, I asked her, " Hey, what are you trying to say?!" and she just smiled and shrugged, haha. Now I will never know!)

Addi, singing: "There was an old lady who swallowed some snow...I don't know why she swallowed some snow...perhaps she'll sneeze."

Here is Blake reminiscing about our trip to Washington in February.  He also talked a lot about Jake and Ellisha's dog Carly, which I didn't get it on video, but it was also a highlight for him.


On a Sunday walk and Addi was falling behind...
Me: "Addi, come walk by me. Do you want to hold my hand?"
Addi: "Um.....hold your hand? On a sidewalk?.....Weird."


Blake always says the word "punk" which he thinks is a word he made up himself, and he always says it to try and be funny.

Me: "Goodnight Blake! I love you!"
Blake: "Good night...PUNK!"


The sister missionaries came over for dinner, and for dessert we had strawberries and ice cream. One of the sisters was allergic to strawberries (oops!) so she just had plain ice cream.

Ev to the Sis. Missionary allergic to strawberries: "Um...did you try the strawberries?"
Sis Missionary: "No, I didn't, I bet they're good though."
Ev: "Well...did you know that you really need to try things before you decide you don't like them? You need to just try one taste of them and then you will probably find out that you like them. But you really should try them once. That's what I always say."


Addi to Ev: "Did you know that Washington Grandma is bigger than our Dad? I don't mean huge or gigantic...just older."


One of the cutest things happening around here lately is that Evelyn loves to read to Addi and Blake. She has to turn in a book list at the end of every month that lists books she read all by herself, and most afternoons she has been doing her personal reading time while reading books to her siblings. I think all three of them look forward to it now. Every once in a while, Blake falls asleep too. :)



Evelyn and Addi were wearing tulle dresses that have a white lining underneath last Sunday.
Addi: "Evelyn, did you know these dresses are great for twirling?" (twirls)
Evelyn: "Yeah, and they have this white dress underneath that doesn't twirl up so it doesn't show our underwear."
Addi: (tries twirling and looking at the white lining) "Yep, you're right. My bum is totally camouflaged."

Addi singing on Sunday. Lately singing around the house is a common occurrence with this little girl.




1 comment:

Joe'n'Jess said...

these are so cute! your kids are awesome!