Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tales from Kindergarten

We hear an amazing amount of news about what goes on in kindergarten from our chatterbox Evelyn. I've been writing down some of them lately:


*Me: "Who do you sit by in class?"
Evelyn: "Isaiah C."
Me: "Are there more Isaiah's in your class then?"
Evelyn: "Yep, three. Isaiah C., Isaiah F., and Isaiah Cunningham."

(confirmed. three Isaiahs and two with C last names!)


*"Today was a BAD day at school!!!"
Me: "Why what happened?"
"All the boys in my class were so bad. They were acting so crazy and they would NOT stop talking even when Ms. Keen asked them three times. It was SUCH a bad day! I was good though, and all the girls were good. And at the end of the day the whole class got our desks switched around."

(poor, poor Ms. Keen :))


*"Do you know what? I am a butterfly expert. I get books from the library every time about butterflies because I am learning about them. Someday I am going to be an animal doctor...AND a bug doctor!"


*"When they were taking my picture, I just smiled like this (huge cheese smile). I think it will turn out really nice. The lady told me to put my head a little bit to the side like this...and she really liked that look, so it's going to be a great picture. They said they're sending you one on the computer."

(from the faces/poses she showed me, I am a little worried about how her pictures are going to turn out, haha.)


*Every day when Evelyn comes home from school, Blake downs all the leftovers from her lunch bag. She usually leaves a bite or two of everything.  One day she said, "I brought some more lunch home for Blake. Ms. Keen asked why I didn't want to finish and I said, 'I'm going to take it home to my kids.'"


*"Guess what! Our bus driver totally tricked all of us! He told us the first day that his name was Tom, but today he told us that his name was Thomas!"


*"I told Ms. Keen that my favorite food is soup noodles, and she said, 'Ohhhh...I know what that's called...ramen!' and I said yep, and I asked her if she like ramen and she said, 'Well...uh...sometimes, but it's not my favorite food.' Isn't that weird that she doesn't love ramen? It's SO good!"


*"Today, Christan was pushing EVERYONE. He pushed on the slide, he pushed people off the swings, he even yelled at me and it made me have such a bad feeling in my stomach...then Ms. Keen had to send him the "PODS"! She said, "If you be like that, you won't get to earn our ice cream and popsicle party." But you know what he DIDN'T stop!

Me: "What are the 'pods'?"

"People only go there if they are very mean. And there are TONS of spiders in there and it's so cold that there are icicles everywhere, and they can fall and kill you because they are so sharp."

(The pods sound an awful lot like the 'chokey' from Matilda to me! I almost wonder if the teachers started these rumors.)

2 comments:

MichelleWar said...

Lol! Kids are funny. What great things to look forward to. :P

Angie said...

She's hilarious! So smart of you to write it all down