Sunday, December 7, 2014

SoCal Thanksgiving 2014

For Thanksgiving this year, we had the chance to go to Southern California and meet my family at my Grandma Nuttall's house. It was perfect because Lance only had 1.5 days off, and California is only 5 hours away (Utah would have been 10 hours away). This was also the last chance we had to see my sister Aubrey before she leaves on her mission on December 17th. She is going to "an undisclosed mission in Eastern Europe" which is how we have been instructed to refer to it on any blogs or social media. Her mission area is apparently very dangerous right now, and she had to have FBI clearance to even enter the country. Yikes. The joke is that my mom wanted family pictures "just in case she doesn't come back."

The "leaf princesses"

































From Aubrey's phone...



Thanksgiving dinner was pretty amazing, and we had 28/29 of my Grandma and Grandpa's entire family there (one cousin is at BYU-Hawaii and couldn't come home)




The next day was "Christmas" for my kids from my mom. I don't know why I didn't get any more pictures than this, but they loved it. 


All the Nuttall grandkids/great-grandkids (I have the only great-grandkids so far)


Oldest to youngest
My grandparents and their kids
We also took a few hours and went to the beach since we were already so close. I was still in a surgical boot, so I got to sport this lovely garbage bag (there was no way I wanted to get sand stuck in that thing!). Lance wanted to document the occasion for posterity. Or because I looked like a fool, and everyone was staring at me.




Obviously I couldn't go in the water, but everyone else's plan was to just put their feet in - yeah, everyone got soaked.  It was a lovely vacation and too short, but we're so glad we got to do it! Good luck Aubrey, we love you! See you in 18 months!
















1 comment:

Erica said...

What amazing weather! And those tarts looked delicious!