Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sedona Marathon

Lance ran his first marathon in Sedona last weekend! We've only been to Sedona once before, and haven't come close to seeing everything yet, but I still think it is one of the most beautiful places to visit!
Start of the Race:

The kids and I drove over to meet Lance and the finish line. We parked about a mile away and got to ride the pink shuttle the rest of the way. The kids loved it!
  With the pink shuttle:
  Three goofy kids
 (I just noticed this, but those of you who knew Evelyn as a baby will recognize her hand gesture in this picture, haha.)
We waited and enjoyed the beautiful scenery, and cheered on the other runners as they came in. It was a pretty small race, which was so nice, and there were no huge crowds. I loved people-watching at the finish line and seeing as some people sprinted through with a huge smile, and others were crying their eyes out. It is such an amazing feat! 



 He did it! I was so happy for him, and by that point he was so happy to be done.

 We went to a park and had a picnic and let the kids run around before the drive home. We can't wait to come back and do some hiking this Spring and Fall!



4 comments:

Joe and Sarah said...

Wow, amazing job, Lance! Also, I love love love Evelyn's hand gesture. I felt like doing the copy/tap to the computer screen. :)

MichelleWar said...

I'm always so impressed by people who can run marathons! Awesome!

Stevie Spillers said...

I love Sedona! We will have to plan something together if you are open to it! IrCOng haven't been since I was little but I remember the gorgeous rocks for sure! Congrats Lance!

Joe'n'Jess said...

Congrats to lance! my boys keep telling me they want to visit Arizona so they can see Evelyn. Ethan just told me he wants to go there on Friday someday-whatever that means.