Thursday, October 25, 2012

Disneyland!

 We went to Disneyland for "Mickey's Halloween Party." It was perfect for our kids: 8 hours in the park with all regular park goers gone for the last 6 hours, discount tickets, NO lines on rides (we were able to go on every major ride twice), trick-or-treating stops between every ride...honestly, it was a blast!
The kids didn't know about it until the very last second. We told them we were going somewhere fun, and that we would need to wear a costume. This is right before we left the hotel:
 I ended up taking my little point-and-shoot camera into the park so that I could really run around with the kids and not have to protect it on every ride. It worked great. Here is our first ride (and Addi's favorite of the night): Pirates of the Carribean

 Addi choosing our next destination while waiting for Dad and Evelyn to get off the Matterhorn

 My kids weren't a huge fan of the parade until this float came out, and then there was a lot of intense yelling about "real Rapunzel" being there. 

Every time Lance or I would take the older girl(s) on a big ride, the other one of us would take Blake to the trick-or-treat spots and they completely filled our bags. We had at least 7-8 lbs of candy before the night was over. Blake did not complain at all.
Evelyn and I went on Splash Mountain together, and this is what she looked like while on the ride right after taking the plunge:
So...imagine my surprise when we got off and saw this picture, haha. I could not stop laughing and I had to try and take this picture about three times because I couldn't keep my hands still enough. Ev was laughing too. She said, "I guess that ride was just a little scary." 


 Overall favorite rides:
Evelyn: Star Tours (which is redone now and WAY fun) and Space Mountain
Addi: Pirates of the Caribbean and the Carousel
Blake: The Tram that took us to/from the Parking Garage ("We're on a TRAIN, Mom! A TRAIN!") and Buzz Lightyear


1 comment:

Angie said...

SOOOO jealous. I want to take my kids so badly!