Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring

I think Spring is here to stay in Iowa, and it was evident as we took a walk through the trails of Mormon Handcart Park.  Nature was in full bloom, everything was green, and the snakes were out in full force.  Yes snakes. We saw at least twenty on our walk.


 Somewhere down in this ravine by the river is where the Mormon Pioneers camped on their way across Iowa.  There is also an unmarked cemetery.






 As soon as the girls got out, Blake was ready to check out all the pockets in the stroller to see if there was anything cool.





 The picture can't convey how pretty the rolling hills of grass of the Midwest are, or the silvery waves they make when the wind blows.  It's beautiful. However, tons of snakes were hiding in the grass, which is a downside to me...
 ...but Evie of course was ready to walk through it and snake hunt.








 I love how Addi runs, she practically jumps every time she takes a step forward.
 yes, a snake.
 And what could be better than puddle jumping and soaking your clothes before the walk is through? 



  ("If we ran while we slept, like this, it would maybe be called 'sleep-running'")
 Happy Spring! Hopefully yours is less snake-filled than ours!

2 comments:

Joe'n'Jess said...

oh my goodness! i have never seen a snake in iowa, but i've also never been to handcart park. creepy! i'm definitely going to have to take the boys this week!

Angie said...

Is Evelyn's hair really that straight naturally? I am so jealous! I have to straighten my daughters if I want it to look like that...