We've been to the zoo a few times in the past months, and we've been trying to squeeze in all the outside time we can before it gets too hot. The Phoenix Zoo is probably one of the best zoos I've ever been to: lots of animals, nice exhibits, shade, splash pads throughout, and free parking. We are huge fans!
Blake loves to be our guide and tell us which animals to see next
(Blake is sitting with me as we're looking at this and giving commentary: "I wanted to see the giraffes first, right mom?")
(Blake is sitting with me as we're looking at this and giving commentary: "I wanted to see the giraffes first, right mom?")
Another highlight is the monkey exhibit where you walk into their cage...very cool!
Hard to tell from the picture, but Blake thinks it's awesome to walk backwards through the zoo. It would be much easier for me to love too if it didn't take twice as long :)
We thought this sign was funny until we witnessed a goat attack a map in someone's pocket exactly like the picture. It ran off and ate half of it before Lance was able to pull the rest out of its mouth.
(Blake: "That goat is eating his pants!")
(Blake: "They is petting that sleeping one, then he waked up, then he sleeped")
Blake would have been content to spend hours driving the tractor
(Blake: "I was driving right here, on the truck, I was driving and driving a long time then I got off")
(Blake: "I was driving right here, on the truck, I was driving and driving a long time then I got off")
(Blake: "Addi's hugging a frog, right mom?")
And we finished off the day at one of the larger splash pads. The kids loved it and got sufficiently soaked.
(Blake: "Hmmmm....look mom, I'm doing that, I'm doing that mom! And I was wet everywhere. And I was chasing that. And I was stopping it--the spray water.")
(Blake: "Hmmmm....look mom, I'm doing that, I'm doing that mom! And I was wet everywhere. And I was chasing that. And I was stopping it--the spray water.")
I tried to take a picture of the soaking kids and Lance kept spraying them with a water bottle. This was as good as it got under the circumstances.
Helping her sister see the otters.
(Blake:"look, I was seeing some chalk"(?))
Hundreds of turtles at the main entrance
(Blake: "I like these kind of fish...I mean...I mean...turtles they're nice cause they're up. And I didn't go in the water.")
(Blake: "I like these kind of fish...I mean...I mean...turtles they're nice cause they're up. And I didn't go in the water.")
After the zoo, we stopped at a picnic area to eat dinner, and caught lizards. Such a fun and beautiful place!
(Blake: "Daddy was checking it out, Mom! And I was eating sandwiches. And Addi was eating her sandwich all gone.")
(Blake: "Daddy was checking it out, Mom! And I was eating sandwiches. And Addi was eating her sandwich all gone.")
(Blake: This is Blakey...me...I was chewing mom.")

































No comments:
Post a Comment