Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Zoo

Last week was probably our last free SF Resident Day at the Zoo! We have a lot of memories at that place, including some traumatic ones:
the sheep-kick of 2008...
the goose-honk of 2010...
...and the preying lion, also of 2010.


 The penguins were by far Addi's favorite.  I kept trying to get her interested in seeing something else, but as soon as she took two steps away, she immediately went back to them. ("Dey're in water, honey!" "Look at dis guy, honey!")  Her  cuteness and persistence paid off, and we ended up staying there for a half hour, including feeding time, which was very cool!

  
  The zoo grounds were covered in huge, gorgeous blooming hydrangea bushes.
 Evelyn still has a mild obsession with flamingos, so obviously we couldn't miss them.  Her two favorite toys are both flamingos, one of which she named "Mango, the Flamango"



2008
2011
2008
2011
 Evelyn is so brave. This picture just gives me the heebie-jeebies.
 Evelyn and Addi compared owls at the zoo, and decided that this one was the nice "cutie" owl...

 ...and this was the "mean" owl.



Thank you for all the free fun times, SF Zoo!

4 comments:

Joe and Sarah Keyes said...

OK wow I really love this post. Especially the pictures of Evelyn as a baby and in the same place now! I think i'm going to have to look at this post every day for at least a week.

Psychological Assessment said...

This was one of my favorite posts ever. I laughed so hard. I remember the sheep trauma and all. Love the pictures. I can't believe how evelyn has really grown. this is mom, though it will post as steve (due to my work e-mail).

Lance and Melissa said...

Sorry if you commented and your comment is gone! I didn't delete them, they disappeared with my post after blogger was down for a while!

Jim said...

meliss'
LOVE your family zoo stories! so funny!! geese are evil, i have decided. (they always seem to be aggressive!) i like the happy owl/grumpy owl- your girls are so perceptive. i think that lion picture will give me nightmares from now on :)...

hope ya'll are doing well! good luck with your move- when do you move btw?

lots of love~ annette